[Mccoypottery-talk] Off Topic (damaged spoon rest)

M. Caudill mcaudill@kih.net
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 19:45:40 -0400

As for the chipped spoon or any other "keepsake:"  It is really only damage=
d if you kept it for resale.  We use some of our largest McCoy bowls for co=
oking, and each chip makes them more unique.  My grandfather always drank h=
is coffee out of the same cracked cup; he said it held a bit of the taste o=
f every cup of coffee he'd ever drunk.  Our coffee table has teeth marks ar=
ound the edges where each of our children used it as a teething piece.  All=
 these things may lower their value to an outsider, but they carry their sp=
ecial meaning from one generation to the next within our family.
Mike in KY