[Mccoypottery-talk] Interesting item on eBay web site item# 3719925721: McCoy Cookie Jar

BigBVideo@aol.com BigBVideo@aol.com
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:27:50 EDT

I'm surprised, but glad the seller removed that item from auction! In her
description, she seemed so enthusiastic about her CJ, I figured she'd defend it
til death, so I didn't bother contacting her. Before I found that one, I ran
across a trading assistant who had 2 Pink Lady w/Bonnet wall pockets. They were,
of course, "estate finds," and what luck to find 2 matching ones in such good
condition! It was the second time she had listed them... with an opening bid
of $49. I did contact her. I didn't make any accusations, but just stated that
those were not originals, that they came from Rosso Wholesale Glass and that
orginals were white with hand painted decorations. She didn't remove the
auction, but I sent the message late last night. She did send a response, saying
"thank you very much!!"  I was curious to see if, as a trading assistant,
selling for someone else, she was willing to let someone else tarnish her image.
Hopefully we won't see those wall pockets listed again, at least not by her.

By the way, today's new fake seller is popiepeaches. She has the fake dog
dish, lady wall pocket and little berry vase as well as a piece of fake
Roseville. She's been on eBay for a while, but looking at her feedback, took a break
for a while, but came back to give it a go with fakes.

Walter