[Mccoypottery-talk] fakes on the worlds longest yard sale

Jzlogcabin@aol.com Jzlogcabin@aol.com
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:53:30 EDT

It was really sad to see the fake Mccoy in Tn. and Ky.  I was so mad I spoke
up to the vendor, I said where did you get this stuff, he just replied "maybe
Doller General."   He also had fake Roseville.  I tried to warn those looking
at his fakes, but they did not know of fakes.  On our way back, 2 of the 3
cookie jars were gone.  Another vendor had pairs, 3 of the Mccoy wall pockets, I
also made it know that everyone was not stupid.  My daughter found a piece of
Rookwood for 25 cents, I do not have a book for that pottery, and can not find
it on the internet, and help with the value is appreciated, # 6660F  date
1950.   This was found at a yard sale in my hometown before we left.  The
Rookwood is 3 1/2 in. tall, black outside, and  a blue multi color swirl on the
inside.  Any help on it is so much appreciated.  By the way, our opinion was that
it was not worth it to go south of Chattanooga, because there were not enough
sales to justify the travel.  Judy