[Mccoypottery-talk] Need information

Swampy swampy@pinn.net
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 10:33:22 -0400

Glad to see someone posting...did not know if I had joined or not...I have a
question..I have done my research on the look alike and imposters on some
pottery...
Not being an expert, I can tell a lot of fakes just by the color...I have a
question though..

About a two weeks ago I bid on a 3 section snack dish...rustic....the bid
went way way up and I lost out....this week I bid on another one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3741391603&ssPageNam
e=STRK:MEWN:IT

I won it..for 9.99 I was the only bidder....when I looked at their
measurements..and then referred to my books..they are off...so it
immediately went through my head...and imposter..one I had no idea there was
one..

Could someone check on this...or inform me..was I taken...

Have been collecting McCoy while raising four daughters..when they went to
college..I stopped collection..they have all flown the roost now and I got
back into it with Ebay because trying to purchase any in antique stores is
just out of my range...My collection has over 70 pieces...and still
growing...but I need some help here...and still have lots to learn..

Barbara
swampybr549

---