[Mccoypottery-talk] faye's newest fake

McCoyPottery.com List Mom listmom@mccoypottery.com
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:21:20 -0600

On Dec 23, 2004, at 1:09 PM, McQuita@aol.com wrote:

> I'm disgusted with the fakes but have tired of the endless supply of
> them.
> However, I did e-mail this auction to a connection I have within  Ebay
> asking
> if there was anything to do.  I don't expect a solustion to it  but
> just
> letting you know I tried.  Merry Christmas  Everyone

I guess I have to look at it from eBay's perspective too... I guess
that McCoy Pottery is not all that eBay sells, so it is likely there
are thousands more complaints about other issues and other pottery
works, or other completely different products that are faked, repros,
fraud, whatever on eBay.  I would imagine dedicated resources to combat
fakers would be a bit difficult.

However, someone like Faye should really show up on eBay's radar as a
consistent faker, fraudster, etc.. eBay should not allow private
auctions period IMHO.

Ultimately however it is up to the buyer to educate themselves and be
aware of the tell tail signs of a suspicious seller.  That is about all
we can hope for :-)

Regards,
The List Mom
McCoy Pottery Online