[Mccoypottery-talk] fraud, etc

Michael/Hope Burt witschindin_2000@yahoo.com
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:51:10 -0800 (PST)

I, too, got hit by the fake ebay request. They were very crafty trying to make it look real with the ebay logo. Mine even had an item # as and "re". It was from something I had actually bought, too. Ebay was very quick to investigate and report back to me, though.

I like it all - ebay, antique malls, and flea markets. I figure the more I see, the better I will be at picking out fakes, etc. Of course, the malls are higher priced, but I still manage to find some deals. Especially when the booth owner is having a sale. We stopped at a little junk shop the other day and discovered a really nice planter for 2 bucks! It was stuffed back in a corner with trivial junk. I don't think she knew what she had. My husband also found me a pitcher at a flea market for 2.00 and didn't even know it was a McCoy until I saw it! Those types of deals make all the others really worth it.

Mad about McCoy,
Hope