[Mccoypottery-talk] My first REAL Collector's Jar!!!

Kevin kreffitt@pbtcomm.net
Sat, 03 Jan 2004 10:15:33 -0500

We looked over this jar for the 6 days it was on auction.  Compared it with
many examples of verified original jars, and we are certain this is
authentic.  (If not, it is one of the most perfect counterfeits I've ever
seen)  The decals are right, the paint is perfect, right down to the vintage
hues.  Detail is perfect.  There is not a single thing I can see that would
raise a "red flag" on this piece.

Being able to identify the major hacks in this country by name, and being
able to attribute the fakes I see to them with almost perfect certainty,
makes it easier for me to see the REAL jars.  I can usually pass over a fake
at just a glance.  Before I left Roger, I had long in depth conversations
with him on who was doing what, why, and why some things were NOT done.  I
needed to know what I was up against in trying to make him legitimate.

Funny thing about the hacks is that most of them are really dumb and lazy.
We see so many low quality LRRHs and Goldilocks...but did you know that one
can still purchase the molds for the Regal Closed Basket LRRH and the Regal
Goldilocks, made from the original production dies?  These are legitimate,
commercial offerings!  This is NOT something I would want to be made too
public, and would certainly not share WHERE to locate these molds, but they
do exist.

Hacks are SO stupid....any good, EDUCATED collector should be able to see
right through them and their products.

I'm SO happy with this purchase...I think I'll make a place for her in my
Barbie case....right next to my #4 (original Saran hair, non-greasy face)
Ponytail!

:-)

Kevin