[Mccoypottery-talk] McCoy Reunion 2004

Cunningham, Beth Beth.Cunningham@EKU.EDU
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 14:19:10 -0400

Thank you Barb, for sharing.  The new USPS/Ebay boxes are kinda cool.
Hope that your experience with Ebay Live was, overall, a good one.  Beth
in KY

- - -
Actually it was sort of an eBay love-fest! Ten thousands folks
attended and most, of course, eBay enthusiasts. Most of the folks
appeared to be power sellers and that's what the vendors/ebay focus
more on. I was amazed at the amount of folks who are fairly new, yet
powersellers.

I will be doing some reviews of various software over the next month
on stuff available to sellers. There were a few vendors that had some
more aimed for collectors -- and will work on those too. One vendor
that I thought had possibilities is a new site called SmartCollector
For a fee (of course) you can tap into their data base on eBay prices,
I believe over the last three years. They are still not live --
sometime in the next week or two and will give a free trial
subscription.

I finally got sort of an answer to why they allow Private Feedback for
Sellers. Apparently it's a legal thing -- something about if they are
allowing feedback, you have the right not to make it public. I've
asked this question  numerous times, this was the first time I got an
answer. I've asked lots of questions about the fake issue -- they are
slowly rolling out the verification programs. The stamp program is out
and has been very successful. The coins veification program is fairly
new. I've asked repeatedly about the pottery -- I think it will come,
but not in the near future. There are several reasons why and without
going into them all -- I can understand why.

I'm slowly putting stuff on the collectibles.about.com  website. Take
a look at the new boxes that will be available free at the post
office. I think they're cool.

Also coming up will be an article on a lady that collects blue
pottery. She had some McCoy pieces -- the collection was beautiful!

~barb