[Mccoypottery-talk] Help with McCoy Cookie Jar

Barb Crews barbcrews@gmail.com
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:26:16 -0500

Hi All..

This note was posted on my Cookie Jar BB.. and wondered if anyone
could help answer it either here or over there....

" acquired a cookie jar in 1993 which was sold to me as a McCoy
Leprechaun jar (unmarked). I am an avid collector and believe the jar
to be an original. The height is somewhat over 12"(about 12 1/2) and
the weight is quite heavy (what you would expect it to be for a
vintage jar). The colors are quite beautiful, he is dressed in green
with some gold trim on his tie and boots(which are black). What makes
this jar look so different is that his arms and hands are flesh
colored like his face. Most jars I have seen are painted the same
color as the clothing. The jar has some dark crazing inside the bottom
of the jar, and light crazing on the flesh colors (face & arms). My
problem is the fit of the lid to the base of the jar. It is not a
solid fit, and has some definitive space at a couple of spots. Is this
common to this particular jar,or could this be a mis-matched lid and
base? "

--
~barb crews
Just a Raggedy Ann in a Barbie Doll World