[Mccoypottery-talk] Sneaking in the back door

Walter McEntire bigbvideo@yahoo.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 22:08:14 -0700 (PDT)

I was on another McWitch hunt today and found an eBay
seller with 6 fake cookie jars listed. This time, he
had in his description that he was fairly certain they
were reproductions, but the person he purchased them
from had made them from the original molds. Or so he
had been told. He was not trying to fool anyone and
admitted that he really didn't know.

So I emailed him and told him him that yes, these were
fakes. But I doubted the person that sold them to him
had made them. I sent him the link to Rosso's page,
where all 6 of the jars he had were shown. He quickly
emailed back this response.

"Hi Walter. Thanks for the info. I have known this man
for about 6 years and he has told me repeatedly that,
at one time, he had purchased and made all the McCoy
products. He even said that one of the molds cost him
$13,000. But, being an auctioneer(Gen. Merchandise), I
have learned to take what is said with a grain of
salt. I can neither prove nor disprove what he said.
That is why I try to tell what I have been told but
also, that someone told me that information. I would
rather not sell something than to get a bad rep.,
either on E-bay or in person.
Again, thanks for your time to inform me and get the
information to me."

A little while later, he went to the link I sent, then
replied with this.

"I went to the site and I believe you are right. They
are too close to what I had. I won't be getting
anymore from him, especially with what I made on
these!."

I emailed him back and asked if, by any chance, did
Roger Jensen sell him the cookie jars?

Minutes later, he sent another email. He didn't
exactly say it was Roger, but here's what he said.

"Boy, I sure do appreciate the education I am getting.
You are SOOO RIGHT!
Needless to say, I won't be doing any more business
with him. He had already ticked me off because he
promised to help me get them listed on E-bay, then,
after he got my money, he kept giving me excuses about
seeing how this one was doing or that one, but never
any names, just vague references to E-bay and saying
that some people say to much and sometimes the less
said, the better. So that is another reason I worded
mine the way I did. I wanted people to know that I
didn't know exactly what I had and I didn't want them
to think that I was trying to Hoo-Doo them.
I try my best to be honest and aboveboard in all my
transactions, even if it means that I will lose some
business now. But I am a firm believer that what I
lose now, I will make up for a hundred times over
later on down the road because my reputation preceded
me."

Hope the poor guy didn't get hosed too badly on the
cookie jars, but you can bet it won't happen to him
again!