[Mccoypottery-talk] Pottery Humor

M. Caudill mcaudill@kih.net
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:42:46 -0400

In front of a delicatessen, an art connoisseur noticed a mangy little kitten
lapping up milk from a saucer. The saucer, he realized with a start, was a
very rare and precious piece
of pottery.

He strolled into the store and offered two dollars for the cat. "It's not
for sale," said the proprietor.

"Look," said the collector, "that cat is dirty and probably half wild, but
I'm eccentric. I like cats that way. I'll raise my offer to ten dollars."

"It's a deal," said the proprietor, and pocketed the ten on the spot.

"For that sum I'm sure you won't mind throwing in the saucer," said the
connoisseur. "The kitten seems so happy drinking from it."

"Nothing doing," said the proprietor firmly. "That's my lucky saucer. From
that saucer, so far this week I've sold 12 cats."