[Mccoypottery-talk] 2K MCCoy Vase!!!

Betty Nelson bettyfnelson@mchsi.com
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:43:23 -0600

Yes I did email yesterday and was nice and said I thought it was a mistake.=
  It was just my day to get to tell people that they had done something les=
s than brilliant on e-bay.  Of course a perfect person like myself seldom m=
akes any of these errors in life so we must correct others ;-).  I misspell=
ed dictionary and was amazed when there was only 10 items that showed up in=
 "search"
Then I realized that I had gone looking for a dictonary.  Once I put that o=
ther i in there I found over 3,000 dictionary listings.  I sent several of =
them a note and got wonderful thank you's in return.
Funny how the humor comes into our world.  Honestly, when I found this yest=
erday the first item was a "Polish to English" dictonary with an opening pr=
ice of $64.95.  Only thing that would have been funnier was IF the second o=
ne listed had been a dictonary for Blondes.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ohio Pottery & Glassware=20
  To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com=20
  Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 7:23 AM
  Subject: RE: [Mccoypottery-talk] 2K MCCoy Vase!!!

  What's sad is it is pretty expensive to list something at that price.
  Did anyone email the poor soul and set them straight?
  There was a piece of Fostoria similarly listed a couple of weeks ago and =
the seller had had her grandmother's things appraised and the appraiser rip=
ped them big time.
  It was a Celestial vase which you can't hardly give away and she had it a=
s coming from the late 1800's and rare, etc. with some crazy price on it...
  She just didn't have a clue...  I emailed her the correct information, we=
nt through the rest of her things with her that she had listed and she was =
devastated on what the appraiser had told her because they had to pay taxes=
 on all of it too!

  Jennifer  & Rodney Smith
  Baltimore, Ohio
  <http://www.OhioPotteryandGlassware.com>