[Mccoypottery-talk] Large Crock...What is this?

Carrie Kunkel carriekunk@yahoo.com
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 08:34:35 -0800 (PST)

hi,
i found this large crock at an antiques shop and plan
to give it to my mom whom is a collector. It is a
large beige and brown crock with a thin lighter brown
pinstripe seperating the beige from dark brown. it has
a lid. it is not patterned like the drip brown stuff.
it's about 14" high and looks like a milk jug.

i'm curious if anyone knows what this size of crock is
used for, what the value is, and what the pattern is
called? how old is it? the dealer tells me she found
it at a garage sale and the lady used it to make
cider.

it's marked Mccoy 1430.

thanks!!
carrie