[Mccoypottery-talk] Photos for selling on ebay, etc.

Betty Nelson bettyfnelson@mchsi.com
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:16:32 -0600

My son has been living abroad for 6 years developing technology for foreign
auto makers that is standard now over there and finally being sold to the
high end american cars.  Makes for deep thought.  Glad the McCoy kilns were
in the USA.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Cunningham, Beth" <Beth.Cunningham@eku.edu>
To: <mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 10:31 PM
Subject: RE: [Mccoypottery-talk] Photos for selling on ebay, etc.

> Alyce, my "Japanese"car was made about 50 miles from my home,  in
Georgetown, KY, where the wages were returned to our local economy and the
taxes were paid to our State budget.  Unlike so many "American" cars that
are made in Mexico,  Toyota employees receive excellent salaries and Toyota
adheres to American environmental laws.  My next car will also be a Camry!
I find your tone to be offensive and your information to be inaccurate.  My
husband worked for 20+ years in an American factory and we are very familiar
the situation of "outsourcing".  Beth in KY

> I usually don't respond to these messages, but maybe all you techies
should have given a little more thought to "outsourcing" when you were
buying Japanese cars, and putting your neighbors who worked in factories out
of work years ago..now the shoe is on the techie foot...Hurts, doesn't it,
when you can't support YOUR families in a comfortable style because some
foreigner who lives in a mud hut takes YOUR jobs! Serves you right. Next
time, buy American, and VOTE for politicians who don't ship jobs overseas.
It all started with the auto industry years ago, and I'm old enough, and
smart enough,  to know what I'm talking about.  YOU helped put my brothers
and sons out of work...now how do YOU like it? Get ready to flip burgers and
take tips boys and girls! GO BUY ANOTHER JAPANESE CAR OR ANOTHER PAIR OF
JAPANESE TENNIS SHOES!