[Mccoypottery-talk] patent

elizabeth custer shortcake7502@yahoo.com
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:15:12 -0800 (PST)

very interestign discussion.  I would be happy to do research if anyone needs me to.  I have no expertise and have no clue what woudl be involved in doing it or whether it is even possible but i am one hell of a researcher and a former library employee.  Anyone needs me let me know... shortcake7502@yahoo.com

mccoy@mccoypottery.com wrote:
Hello:
Sounds easy, but believe me I have look at this very hard and find that
the other problem is what mark do you register?: McCoy, McCoy USA,
Brush-McCoy,and in what form. No matter what in order to cover the bases
you have to register each one. Jensen has the mccoy name in his present
trademark known as Jensen McCoy.

Another company that may make an item for the registered group would not
fit the requirement.

Needless to day, this is why so many people have not done so.

Lastly, The reason Jensen did not renew his registation which has to be
done again and again is that he was threatened by the owner of McCoy
Pottery when it went out of business. Do we have the money for corporate
council because he will come after you.Cheers! Terry

> Terry:
> Okay, one of the 2 McCoy Clubs has someone produce commemorative items for
> sale. They do this for a year and the items have the McCoy mark on the
> bottom.
> As these groups are selling these items, that makes them commercial.
> This is how the HCA is able to protect the Heisey trademark. They issue 2
> or 3 pieces in very limited production yearly which keeps them as the
> owners
> of the trademark.
> So that hurdle is easily fixed....
> That's what I'm saying.. instead of us McCoy nuts just sitting back and
> complaining, I'm willing to put my $$ where my mouth is, so to speak.
> Are there club Directors on here?
>
> Jennifer & Rodney Smith
> Baltimore, Ohio
>

> Hello everyone:
> I admire everyones interest in the trademark, however not to burst the
> bubble, but in order to do so is more than just the fee. In order to
> register you must be in the business of commercially making and selling
> the product that uses the trademark. Since noone is making and using the
> mark it can not be registered. The process does examine the application
> and investigates whether it is now and has been used commercially as a
> product by the registering party in the past year. Cheers! Terry

Bella Mia, Inc.
401 Host Drive
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
262-248-6759