[Mccoypottery-talk] my and everyone else's reply from sillygoose...LOL

david mcCoy damitboy@yahoo.com
Thu, 13 May 2004 14:23:27 -0700 (PDT)

You...and your entire society....have notified me
within the last 24 hrs. about this mammy jar. And here
is my reply to you...as it was to the others.....I'm
getting tired of typing all the responses and
messages...so I will paste and copy all of the garbage
into this one email.....just for you:

(first response)
This was sold to me as vintage...I definitely paid a
"vintage price" and I have no information to the
contrary that it is not exactly as stated. If you feel
it is not vintage, then I don't expect you to bid on
it....however, by looking at the bottom and inside of
this jar, it appears to be very old....

I am not an expert, but I buy and sell plenty of
vintage pottery. I have not "already been made aware
of this"....because no other E-Bayers claiming to be
experts have contacted me. I have no additional
information on this cookie jar other than what I was
told at the time of purchase....which was....this is a
vintage piece from McCoy, therefore, I will not be
revising the description.

(second response)
Okay...there are approximately 45 listings on Ebay
right now for McCoy Mammy Cookie Jars...so you have
your work cut out for you. It must be nice to have the
time to police everyone's Ebay listings. I DO NOT WANT
YOU TO BID ON MY MAMMY JAR, OK? I can't believe you
have the gall to forward my information to some
forum!! Do you have no life at all??? I recently
bought a McCoy cookie jar on Ebay and later put it
back up for sale on Ebay and was notified by someone
like you that it was not an original. Well, so be
it....I perhaps bought a cookie jar that was not an
original...it happens!! I placed my ad based on
information given to me at the time of sale...NOT
BASED ON INFORMATION FROM YOU. So...continue your
investigation of McCoys on Ebay, but kindly leave me
alone!!! I'm sure there are plenty of items listed on
Ebay that are not authentic, but the seller believes
they are...so get to work on someone else's item!!  I
described my item exactly the way the original owner
described it to me. PERIOD! If I receive additional
harassing emails from you or if you attempt to thwart
my listing by contacting my bidders I will promptly
report you to Ebay.

sillygoose51

(third response)

I bought this off of Ebay and it was listed as an
original vintage McCoy piece....so how far to you want
to dig up skeletons??? Your credentials do not impress
me....try bugging someone that is more easily
impressed! But I DO know Ebay's policy on unwanted
emails, such as the ones sent by you and Michelle
Tanner....if you are not familar with the
policy...here it is:

eBay allows members to contact one another through the
Contact an eBay Member feature. A message can be sent
through Contact an eBay Member by clicking on the User
ID of the member you wish to contact from any eBay
page. The purpose of Contact an eBay Member is to
provide an open avenue of communication between eBay
users. Messages received through this system must be
sent with the intent to facilitate a transaction. eBay
will review any potential misuse of Contact an eBay
Member.
Therefore, since neither you nor Michelle are
contacting me with the intent to facilitate a
transaction, might I suggest you cease from contacting
me. I will make me happy and also give you additional
time to harass someone else.

(fourth response)

When I bought this cookie jar, it was represented to
me as being authentic and vintage. I paid a vintage
price for it. And to the contrary, other than you and
your cronies, which I couldn't care less about, I have
no proof that this is not authentic. I'm so proud of
you and your achievements but I really do not
appreciate your tone and I have no way of knowing who
you are or WHAT you are!! All I know is I have a
cookie jar that clearly has McCoy on the bottom and
the original Seller indicated to me that is was
vintage. Certainly people can retract their
bids...that is their prerogative! I am representing
this jar exactly as it was represented to me.

Furthermore, I consider your email and the email of
your cronies UNSOLICITED and not with the intention of
performing a sales transaction, therefore please
refrain from sending me additional emails unless you
are interested in purchasing my cookie jar.

Thank you.

So, Megamom and Damitboy, unless you are interested in
purchasing this cookie jar, please refrain from any
further contact.