[Mccoypottery-talk] Mammy Jar 372406276

MidwestVintage@aol.com MidwestVintage@aol.com
Fri, 14 May 2004 13:17:41 EDT

  I had a couple of nice email exchanges with her yesterday.  I believe you
can catch more flys with honey, and explained why the people on the boards were
so concerned about the repo's and fakes that were out.  I gave her some links
to check out and she actually became more decent to talk to.  She states she
had come back from a root canel and checked her email only to see dozens of
emails from the group about the cookie jar, way to go group, and was
overwhelmed.  Not enough to change her listing completely though.  The true fact is
though, as more and more people buy these repo's and fake and start passing them
around as real, as more and more start flooding the morket, the true and
beautiful items will start to disappear.  At least Hall china and fenton when they
re-release an old pattern has it marked so you know it is new.  They go for
great prices and will be the collectables of our children and grandchildren.. With
the fakes and repo's they also will be the collectables of our children and
grandchildren who may not know that these are not the real things.
   Of interest however, I bought some mechanical banks years ago thinking
they were original.   They were not but now have become collectable on their own.
 Funny the way things work.

                                Julia