[Mccoypottery-talk] Totally off topic!<G>

Michael/Hope Burt witschindin_2000@yahoo.com
Tue, 18 May 2004 13:14:42 -0700 (PDT)

Jennifer,

That is a really neat piece, where in the world did you get it?

Hope

Ohio Pottery & Glassware <capriherb@earthlink.net> wrote:
But since this list is about pottery, I thought some of the members might
like to see a piece that I picked up recently. I call these type pieces,
"learning" pieces because when I buy them I know absolutely nothing about
them and the unknown intrigues me!
The piece I'm sending the link to has been identified since I put the page
up. It is Black Clay Pottery from Oaxaca, Mexico which is in the mountains
in the southern most part of Mexico. The tribes make this pottery without
tools as we know them, but with tools such as gords, reeds, etc. I don't
know the age yet on this pot, but I'm assuming at least 50 - 100 years old
due to the wear on it.
The pots are made by the women with the craft being handed down from
generation to generation. The pots are fired in a bon fire, not a kiln and
the clay is indeed black clay.
Anyway, here's the link:
http://ohiopotteryandglassware.com/who_done_it7.htm

Jennifer & Rodney Smith