[Mccoypottery-talk] RE: Thanksgiving

david mcCoy damitboy@yahoo.com
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:47:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mark,
I would like to thank you for this letter. It reminds me of all the good things I learned from my grandmother in germany. She passed away at 93 years of age, at home, in peace. She was probably the most religious person I have ever known. She was in church everyday, and told me many times, that when she passed away, she wished it would be in the church. Well she wasnt far away. The village my family lives in is very small and the chruches front door was about 30 yards away. She went through many rough times in her life, she lost a 4 year old child during WW2, had to scrounge for food most of the war and raise 8 other children, including my mother. WE spoke about her today, and realised just how fortunate we are to live in a country like ours. We also gave thanks for our troops, who do their jobs without a hint of complaint, and with honor.
Oh and by the way, that corn casserole was some kinda good. If anyone wants it, let me know, super simple to make and quite tasty.
Dave