[Mccoypottery-talk] exchange https

david mcCoy damitboy@yahoo.com
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:18:46 -0800 (PST)

I have read the thread today, and I do believe you are right. This is a common business practice between websites. I dont think, we as members of the mccoy talk list, have anything to worry about. its just a way of pointing people to another website when they visit a site.
Dave

ELIZABETH VAUGHN <revaughn@webtv.net> wrote:
Am I misunderstanding this whole thing? I don't think it means you
would be receiving additional emails or spam. I do have a web site, as
does our duaghter (she hosts ours), and exchanging links is a method for
promoting web sites. I think you would be able to click on the mccoy
links section and see links to other web sites you MIGHT be interested
in. Tell me if I am wrong.
I don't think the person who suggested this is publishing the addresses
of the people on the McCoy list, just a link on her web site to the
McCoy web site.