[Mccoypottery-talk] cookie jar book

bettyfnelson@mchsi.com bettyfnelson@mchsi.com
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 15:01:10 -0500

James, did you notice that he was just GLOATING over getting his grubby lit=
tle fingers on one of the Nichols CJB book??  Well the reason for that is i=
t being out of print and a much wanted 'collector' book.  Now you can get s=
ome very good cookie jar books that are in current print. Most of the Cooki=
e Jar books feature jars by many makers.  I have Vol. I and 2 by Ermagene W=
estfall and I enjoy them and use them most of all.  They are part of the Co=
llector Books which is a division of Schroeder Publishing Co.  I also have =
the Revised 3rd Edition of Mike Schneider's "The Complete COOKIE JAR Book" =
 It is a Schiffer Book=20
If the List Mom cuts this off because it is too long feel free to contact m=
e at bettyfnelson@mchsi.com for direct addresses.
If you are interested only in McCoy Jars the best all McCoy book in my mind=
 is the Vol.II of the NHN books.  Now that is an abbreviation you will read=
 here frequently and it refers to a 3 Vol set of books that are written by =
Craig Nissen, Margaret Hanson and Bob Hanson. These books have only McCoy p=
ottery shown. My sole gripe with this series is my feeling that after I spe=
nd $100 plus for 3 books I want to look at pottery not phoney flowers, vine=
s, kids, or dogs.  But they have my money, I have their books and the pictu=
res of someones dogs and kids.  In the front of these books you will find a=
 picture of Chiquita Prestwood that answers so many questions here, she was=
 also on Martha Stewart with her jars.
If you want to learn about cookie jars there is something I would definitel=
y recommend that you do.  Go to www.about.com  and sign up for the newslett=
er on Collectibles  That has articles written by one of the expert Cookie J=
ar collectors in the country. Barb
Crews, her collection was on the Incurable Collectors TV show.  You will be=
 able to find list there of all the McCoy jars and lists of the repo'ed one=
s the REAL MCCOYS and NOT REAL MCCOY.    You will learn so many things ther=
e and here.  Above all else welcome aboard and hope you enjoy McCoy for a l=
ong long time   Betty the Okie in Iowa.
  ----- Original Message -----=20