[Mccoypottery-talk] Brush Mark (Off Topic)

Curly79065@wmconnect.com Curly79065@wmconnect.com
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 00:27:59 EDT

 Hey there ya'll I wandering about a couple of jars that I
 found on ebay.. I know that they are fakes or you might
 say I am almost positive they are.. It is their mark that
 has me bumfuzzled... They are not marked with the Brush-
 McCoy mark,but rather they have the W and the number with
 USA under it.... Now if my memory serves me correct doesn't
 the W on the Brush jars mean Don Winton created these jars?
 Now the big question is if this is so can the Winton's not do
 anything to at least stop them from putting it on these fakes???
 Ya'll have to understand I am from Texas and when you put your
 brand on things here this means that it belongs to you and know
 one has the right to take it without your permission.. So I will probally
 Need this explained to me real slow.. Cause as far as I know that in
 Texas it is against the law to rustle what isn't yours and I think it is
 still a hanging offense. (if you don't get caught doing the hanging..)

 So can some of ya'll help me out with this.. Carolyn