Fun

None

Well I don't know if anyone will think this is fun or not, but I have a
strange tale to share.

In 1973 I accepted a teaching position, fresh out of college, and had to
furnish an apartment...I'd lived at home all through college and had
absolutely nothing.  I went to a Ben Franklin store and purchase a set of
three bowls - cream colored with pink and blue stripes.  One is small - one
is somewhat large - and the other is gigantic!  I've hauled those bowls all
over and struggled with finding storage space - usually in some room other
than the kitchen - ever since.  And I also purchased a soup tureen with a
ladle.

In 1984 my then-boyfriend (now husband) started collecting McCoy pottery and
I slowly got into it.  My favorites and focus are vases from the 30s and
40s,
with some fish and violet pots thrown in.

It was only 3 months ago that I was washing one of my dimestore bowls,
turned
it over in the dish drainer and saw the McCoy mark...I couldn't believe it!
I've only appreciated these bowls because of their size...the somewhat large
bowl serves me well to mix Thanksgiving stuffing...and the large one I just
save in case I want to serve popcorn for 20.  So if these are anyone's
favorites or heart's desire, I could be persuaded to sell them to a good
home.  And if not, I think my fellow McCoy lovers will just enjoy the story
"because".

Vicki