[Mccoypottery-talk] McCoy Pottery Talk--Help with Vase ID

david mcCoy damitboy@yahoo.com
Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:07:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi Candy,
  Your post is just fine. I am not very knowledgeable on the Brush-McCoy items, but I am sure someone on this list may be able to help you.
  Good luck,
  Dave

abbottcc@charter.net wrote:
  Hi, I'm new to the McCoy talk list, so I'm not sure how it works but thought I'd ask if anyone has time to help identify a vase that I have that's exactly like one for sale I've seen on the Ruby Lane sales web site (http://www.rubylane.com and it's item #PRL-322, "Brush McCoy Blended Glaze Handled Vase"). You'll see when you pull it up that the seller claims it's a Brush-McCoy vase (and I agree it does look like their onyx line)...but I don't see it in my Brush-McCoy books (though I only have 2), or any of my McCoy books. Also, the one on Ruby Lane isn't marked, but mine has a mark with what looks like a captial "F" (with kinda rounded lines) followed by a short straight line.
Anyway, I wanted to ask for help on getting (a) the reference for identifying this vase as one of Brush-McCoy's onxy vases(vs say McCoy's later "blended" glaze), and (b) see if anyone knows what the "F" incized on the bottom of mine might mean. Thanks in advance to the experts out there for any help with this. And I apologize if I didn't do this posting correctly.
Candy

Sponsor:
Dance to the rhythm of your cell phone. Choose from the Charts Top songs! Get 10 Zero Cost Tones today!

http://c.azjmp.com/az/ch.php?f=1885&i=11373?=mccoypottery-talk-list

Get an Apple iPod and enjoy taking your music with you!

Click Here: http://c.azjmp.com/az/ch.php?f=1398&i=11373?=mccoypottery-talk-list

Yahoo! Shopping