[Mccoypottery-talk] our_country_treasures what a laugh

david mcCoy damitboy@yahoo.com
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 19:46:18 -0800 (PST)

our_country_treaures........dey be edumocated....lol

McCoy Pottery List Mom <listmom@mccoypottery.com> wrote:Ok, so I wrote to old country treasuer's (known seller of fakes on
eBay) about a Little Red Riding Hood they were selling. You can pretty
much guess what the first part of the conversations was. It was me
saying, hey, McCoy NEVER made a LRH... Blah, blah, blah. Anyway, here
is the response:

From: OMITTED (list mom's email)
Date: February 7, 2005 7:00:16 PM CST
Subject: Re: Question for item #3781274631 - MCCOY COOKIE JAR ~
LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD ~ CUTIE NR
To: our_country_treasures@yahoo.com

On Feb 7, 2005, at 6:24 PM, Our Country Treasures wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the information. Maybe you should do some
> more research.
>
> Roger Jensen McCoy 1991 to 1993 did make a Red Riding
> Hood.

Sorry, you are wrong. There is no "Roger Jensen McCoy". His name is
"Roger Jensen". Last name is "Jensen", not McCoy. You might want to
re-read your "information". You are wrong. McCoy Pottery did not
exist in 1991-93. They closed up in 91

So in short...

1. McCoy never made a Red Riding Hood cookie jar
2. Roger Jensen, not Roger Jensen McCoy made this jar
3. The jar is not McCoy.
4. McCoy pottery ceased operations in 1991

You might want to distinguish between Roger Jensen, who is a known
maker of fake, reproductions, and pieces that (like this one) McCoy
never made.

Perhaps a listing like this:

"For Sale, Roger Jensen Little Red Riding Hood, non-McCoy fake" or
something to that affect.

Have a lovely day!

Funny stuff!

Regards,