[Mccoypottery-talk] Guide to fakes

Kevin Reffitt kreffitt@pbtcomm.net
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 02:18:18 -0500

Chiquita,

You wrote me for an explanation, and I provided one, on all counts.

You wrote me a couple of one or two liners, I wrote back pages.  Then you
never responded to the answers you asked for.

Was that fair?

Have you looked over the work Michelle and I did for the benefit of you people?

Well, I'll tell you this....

You people may have lost a few dollars here and there, maybe got taken on a
jar once in a while, but my family and friends have lost thousands to the
bastard Jensen.  He has been a cancerous disease to my little town.  I
battle him for the well being of my community, and some of you do it as a
"side note", or a hobbie.

I can't help it you don't like the business I'm in, but I don't take ANYONE
for a fool.  We're straight-forward and honest with our product, and do our
best to educate people.  Isn't that enough?

You really wouldn't want to put me in the same class as the Roger types,
because if I had a mind to, I could create the best and ONLY forgeries in
this country.  Roger makes fakes...easy to spot...junk.

I could fool you...even the best of you.

Good thing I'm the honest type, huh?

Now Chiquita, and you too Barb, let's get real and be collectors.  Let's
quit calling names and making accusations.  I'm a collector too, dang
it.  For having only collected for two years, I have quite the selection,
and some very rare pieces to brag about.

I can be a benefit to this forum, and I would like to share my finds, just
like you do.

Truce?

Kevin