[Mccoypottery-talk] Most Active Topic's Preview

McCoy Pottery List Mom listmom@mccoypottery.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:35:48 -0600

Hello, I have just about completed coding the "Most Recent Topics"
section for the McCoy Pottery forums.  You can preview them here:

http://forums.mccoypottery.com/2222.php

I am looking comments/suggestions, etc.  This will be placed at the
bottom of the forums at the end of very post so you can see the most
recent/active Topics on the forum.  I am hoping it will encourage folks
to participate more on the forums.

Finally we will have a version and some code anyone can embed in their
web page (if you have one).  If you have a Pottery and or McCoy
oriented site it will be a good way to generate traffic back to the
forums.

That leads us to our next feature/announcements for the forums.  We are
going to be setting up a Revenue Sharing system that will utilize
Googles AdSense. The way this will work is all the AdSense ads on the
site that are tied to the McCoy Pottery AdSense account will allow
forum members that have an AdSense account to enter their AdSense ID
into their profile.

In short what  we have done is setup a system so the ad revenue can be
shared between all active members of this forum.

The forum displays one advertisement in the upper right area. We use
Google AdSense to automatically serve relevant ads for the content on
the page. Google pays AdSense publishers on a per click basis (not per
impression).

If a user has an AdSense account, they have the ability to credit their
account with the ads served on threads they start or participate in.

Look for an announcement on this in the forums and on this list
sometime over the weekend!

Thank you!

Regards,
The List Mom