[Mccoypottery-talk] OT - BEWARE!

mjtn@charter.net mjtn@charter.net
Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:59:18 -0600

You're right, Elizabeth.   All the organizations they listed are
legitimate, as far as I know.  In fact, they took them straight off the
U.S. Government's website of legitimate organizations.  The reason I know
that is because I went to the Gov's website this afternoon, just before
receiving the scam artist's e-mail that I forwarded.  The person(s) who
sent me the bogus e-mail have *nothing whatsoever* to do with those legit.
organizations.  They list them in the body of the e-mail because that's
part of their scam - to throw you off.  They wanted me to donate to *them*
so they could then "distribute" it to the legit. ones.  (or something to
that affect).

The point is ... watch out.