[Mccoypottery-talk] ploughboy

ELIZABETH VAUGHN revaughn@webtv.net
Tue, 06 Mar 2007 13:36:18 GMT

Doug,
We are not doing much collecting anymore, but over the last 30 or so years certain lines will be "hot" and then get hard to find and later to sell.  We were collecting the brown and green stoneware when most people weren't even looking at it.  There was a big run on Grecian for awhile; same for gold trimmed, miniatures, flower forms, etc.  Martha Stewart made the pastel NM pieces popular, and then there was the Butterfly line.  Don't know why, but that is the way it seemed to go.

Elizabeth

-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas Brown
Sent: Monday, March 5, 2007 8:23 AM
To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com
Subject: Re: [Mccoypottery-talk] ploughboy

I've noticed that too....does anyone know what causes the prices to go up and down...is it the time of year or just a trend.

Tim Harlan <tharlan@twinvalley.net> wrote:  vol 2, MCCOY POTTERY, by Hanson, Nissen, Hanson shows the plow boy planter
with a value (1999) of $100 to $125. Prices may be down currently but it
is still a nice find.