[Mccoypottery-talk] Jardiniere

Jennifer Capriherb@earthlink.net
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 22:57:50 -0500

I put this on the pottery lovers list, but I'll post it here too.

 I bought this on eBay last week.   It was advertised as no chips.   I can't
believe that they didn't use their camera and their fingers to find all the
chips on this piece!
http://www.webs-best.com/chips_on_jardiniere.htm

Just a reminder.   You have to feel pottery, not just glance at it.  And use
a great camera that shows the flaws.   Needless to say, I'm a very unhappy
camper because this was to match a pedestal that has a lot of sentimental
value to me.

The pedestal (and the Jardinière it used to have) are very special to me.
We bought it at a Koehler auction in Roseville several years ago when I was
really getting into pottery and was smitten (still am) with the onyx glazes.
Rodney (my late hubby who died 19 months ago) bought the Jard and Pedestal
for me and it cost a small fortune.
I hadn't had it 2 weeks and accidentally knocked the jard off the pedestal
and broke it into many pieces.
I've been trying very hart to replace the jard and although this one wasn't
exact, it was close enough in colors to be able to put it out once again.
For over 2 years I've had a daily search sent to me of Brush McCoy Jards and
this was the first one I saw with the right colors, so I was just way too
excited.    However I did ask a lot of questions of the seller before
bidding on it and was thrilled to win it.
Now I'm on the hunt again.   If anyone sees a jard with the onyx glaze that
has a 5 1/4" base and the blues in the onyx glaze, please let me know!

Jennifer

Check out my new Webstore! http://www.ohiopotteryglassware.com

On eBay:  http://stores.ebay.com/Ohio-Pottery-And-Glassware