[Mccoypottery-talk] Hines 57

Douglas Brown ashevilledoug@yahoo.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:20:00 -0700 (PDT)

This weekend I was able to find several McCoy items at a large flea Mkt. off I-26 just outside of Asheville.  One piece I picked up was a small round crock that has 57 on the bottom.  Someone once told me that McCoy had made this for Hines 57.  If anyone knows where there might be a picture of it on the internet please let me know.

  Also today I went into a Goodwill thrift store to just see if they might have anything...most don't because its been picked thru but today there were 3 nice pieces of that brown pattern that McCoy and Hull both made.  Turned out that a new girl working the back of the store didn't know what those big McCoy Marks were on the bottom and had let them go out for a couple dollars each.  The manager didn't like it when I went to the register but he ended up laughing about it and let me have them all for less than $10.

  I would like to see that Hines 57 piece if anyone has seen it on the internet.  Thanks...

Douglas Brown