Pillsbury Dough Boy CJ

Terry Kinsey mccoy@mccoypottery.com
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 09:06:25 -0600

>Hi everyone!
>
>Does anybody have any history regarding the Pillsbury dough boy cookie
>jar (Sandford pg 64)?  I bought one for my mother and it looks exactly
>like the one in Sanford except mine has a little blue circle on the hat.
>
>Several Ebay auctions show this cookie jar as dated 1973.  The Sandford
>book says 1990.  Did another potter make the designed jar before McCoy?
>
>Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
>
>Rebecca in FL

Rebecca:  McCoy made a Bobby Baker jar in 1974 to 1979, The Sanford Guide
shows a Doughboy jar 1990, Designer Accents....In my humble opinion this
is not McCoy while it may have been made by McCoy for Designer Accents part
of the dilution of McCoy Pottery.  Now as far as eBay is concerned...never take
as gospel anything on eBay...It is a commercial auction site that leaves the
information posted for sale up to the seller and is usually incorrect...and
never
vereified.....1973?.... and if a Doughboy is listed as McCoy? wrong...Bobby
Baker
yes but not 1973.  The Pillsbury Doughboy Jar is presently made by off shore
companies and imported and has been since the early 1990's  Cheers!  Terry