Mt. Clemens Pottery

Okcmccoy@aol.com Okcmccoy@aol.com
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 17:33:25 EDT

In a message dated 10/2/98 12:56:53 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
SlplsinMi@aol.com writes:

<< About the Mt. Clemens Pottery Company. McCoy sold the company to Mt.
Clemens
 in 1967 but Nelson McCoy remained President. The "mark" on some of the pieces
 during this time was "MCP" but I believe it was added to the McCoy logo,
 thought I think I have seen "MCP" alone. The Mt. Clemens Pottery Company is
 the one here. But they sold the McCoy rights, I believe I'm right here,(
 someone correct me if I'm wrong, please), to the Lancaster Company and then
 that company folded. Hope this helped. There's tons of good books out there
 that deal with McCoy. If you're going to be a collector, having a "book" is a
 must. Where in Michigan do you live, Wendy? See ya. Sheryl

Sheryl, knows her history!!!! Sure sounds right to me.
Have seen several variations on the MCP mark.
Robert
okcmccoy