Pottery marks

ELIZABETH VAUGHN revaughn@webtv.net
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:21:46 -0400 (EDT)

I was scrolling through the digest I got the other day.  Someone asked
about pieces not in the books.  We have a brown and green stoneware lamp
that is not in any of the 4 McCoy books we have.  (We started so long
ago that we have a very tattered but complete set of Pamela Coates
books.  In fact, years ago her things were sold at auction here in Ohio
and we bought some of them.)  Many Brush pieces are marked just with a
umber and USA.  The S is bigger than the other letters.  It is always
amazing to me the pieces of both McCoy and Brush that are in the books
and are rarely seen.  Then the reverse is true. also.  To change the
subject, if you see pieces of Nicodemus or Pereny, let us know.  Both
were Columbus, Oh potters.  We didn't limit ourselves to McCoy once we
got started.  Thanks.
Elizabeth