Introduction & Question

SlplsinMi@aol.com SlplsinMi@aol.com
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 09:21:17 EDT

I have been reading all the comments on collecting McCoy and it's certainly
true that bargains can be had. Usually, however, the items you can pick up for
pennies are the numerous flowerpots, some kinds of vases and figurines. Almost
every home in America had some kind of pottery in their home. But if your
focus is on cookie jars, earlier vases, pitchers and baskets, discovering them
somewhere for pennies would definitely be liking finding hidden treasure...but
like hidden treasure, that doesn't happen very often. I would prefer not
having to pay alot for the things I'm collecting and whenever possible I
don't. But if I want to pursue my passion, I must be willing to pay out some
bucks some time. But the hunt is still fun and it's always a terrific feeling
when you come across something you know is definitely worth more than the $2
price tag that's on it. Happy Hunting!!!!! Sheryl