Black Chef Fake

Terry Kinsey mccoy@mccoypottery.com
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 08:55:18 -0500

>You are right Elizabeth, and I think when that person reproduced Billie
>McCoy's
>Hillbilly Bear CJ, he finally dotted the wrong I (Eye's.) Billie told him
>with all of his undisputed talent, he should be creating his own legacy,
>instead of capitalizing on the work of others. We have seen him at shows with
>his own creations, and they are wonderful, but it will take people a long
>time to forget about his reproductions.
>
>Kendall

Interesting input,  I agree that one should create their own legacy, and the
repro area should not be used  for this purpose.  Now as far as keeping the
legacy of McCoy alive, this is what the reference books, web sites, clubs,
lists,  collectors  etc., are all about.  While it appears that the legacy
is being
used by these other items it really is keeping it alive and the McCoy
family should be flattered.  Keep in mind not through repro's though.
Cheers!  Terry