Black Chef Fake

Andrea Vick andreavick@sprintmail.com
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 15:21:30 -0500

Hi Everyone,
I have read all the controversy over McCoy repros and ebay.  As a dealer on ebay,
and also an avid bidder and super avid McCoy collector, I would never try to sell
anything that I thought was a repro without putting that information in.  As a
bidder I wouldn't dream of buying anything that didn't have a picture, or if I
thought there was a question about it, emailing the seller and asking.  That would
be like buying a car blindfolded!
Although ebay does have that disclaimer, buyer beware, I have found that the
majority of dealers are honest and will, if questioned, tell the truth about their
things. That is one of the big things.  Question them. If they are evasive or get
angry, then  don't bid!
 Most of the ones that I have dealt with also will return your money if you are
unsatisfied with the item.  And now ebay is getting into that area more with Safe
Harbour as a way to help everyone be happy with the experience.  Also another good
way to judge is to check the dealers feedback..it really gives you a lot of
information about the way they handle their business.
It's a great way to meet some very nice people..and as I bid a lot more than I
sell,  I can truly say that I love it.  I have found McCoy there that you just
don't see here in Texas and vice-versa.  It is like a huge flea market to me.  But
lately the prices have been so out of sight  that I am thinking of selling the
c/j's  that I got last year for such bargain prices!  I guess nothing good will
really last that long.
Hope I haven't gone on to long and everybody have a nice day,
Andrea