McCoy Pottery List Digest #55 - 06/27/99

Two4McCoy@aol.com Two4McCoy@aol.com
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 07:19:45 EDT

Hello!

We have ordered the Jeffrey Snyder McCoy book, and like it very much.  We too
feel that the prices are more appropriate, but as we have said to the author,
we fear that the other books have so inflated  McCoy prices, that his won't
make any difference.   Dealers see big dollar signs now with respect to any
piece of McCoy it seems, no matter how common it may be, so they're not about
to adjust their prices downward, we fear!  We have decided that if we see a
piece of McCoy we want, and we can afford it, and feel the condition is worth
the asking price, we buy it--regardless of what the "experts" say.

There are some great pictures of pieces not shown in any of the other books
on McCoy, as well as some better shots of some rarer pieces photographed in
earlier books---   the discus thrower, the victory vases, the Keats planter,
Robin Hood mug, and a great cobbler's bench, to name just a few.

We are glad that we made this purchase-- as we said, we don't make much use
of the price guide portions of the books anyway, and it's good to have
another reference to work with.  The photographs of great McCoy pieces are
what interest us most, and we feel that this book delivers in this respect
just as well as the other reference works available.

Sincerely,

Jim Burnette, Jr. and Charlie Blunt