Listmom's remarks

VSMITHW@aol.com VSMITHW@aol.com
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 19:10:20 EST

Dear Margo & Jeannette,

As I recall the catalyst for this train of messages, it seems as if someone
wrote a very confusing message to the group in all capital letters something
to the effect of "I DO NOT WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS LIST" and then added
another sentence that I don't recall.  I know that I responded that I was
confused and wondered if we were making someone unsubscribe...then came back
the next day to more messages, including the one from Bob.

It wasn't the List Mom who wrote the reply that was quoted though, but one of
our members.  I remember being a little taken back at first, but then read it
again and figured it was one of those things that, taken in a one on one
context, with tone of voice and facial expressions, would be heard as teasing
and tongue in cheek.  I think this kind of thing happens a lot on the
Internet - this is such a one dimensional forum and if someone writes as if
they were actually speaking, much is lost from speaker to listerer.  I did
think Bob took it as originally intended though - at least as I recall.

My two cents - hope this helps.

Vicki