No subject

Donna Lewis lewisd@uwwvax.uww.edu
Tue, 07 Mar 2000 08:56:16 -0600

Pardon me, Margo, but our "List Mom" show a great deal of patience and
respect for others--in my humble opinion.  These "Listees" as you call
them GET THEMSELVES ON THIS LIST.  Then the next thing you know, there
they are "demanding" to be "taken" off.  And generally speaking, they
are way more than rude to us all.  If they would take a few seconds to
actually READ something instead of firing away at their key boards,
they'd see that the message on how to "unsubscribe" is right in front
of their noses!

Three cheers for our "List Mom"!!!!!

Donna

At 04:27 PM 3/6/2000 EST, you wrote:
>My name is Margo Flaherty and I live in Columbus, Ohio. I have been a McCoy
>enthusiast my whole life, growing up literally surrounded by McCoy from
>childhood.
>
>I have enjoyed reading all the banter back and forth about Mccoy on this
>list, but because I  have not really been avidly collecting for a long time,
>I haven't felt the need to write.....until now.
>
>I must say that I am truly embarrassed by the insulting and demeaning
remarks
>which the "List Mom" invariably makes when someone expresses frustration
with
>being removed from the list.
>
>This is a poor reflection on her, on McCoy enthusiasts in general, and would
>only ensure that the "recipient" of such remarks would never want to hear
the
>word McCoy ever again, let alone learn about it or perhaps even collect it
>someday.
>
>I see this site as a haven for McCoy lovers worldwide, hopefully run by
>professionals, whose only goal is to allow McCoy enthusiasts to share their
>love, support, and knowledge for some of the most whimsical and artistic
>pottery ever designed.
>
>I don't see it as a forum for insulting poor souls who are confused or
>frustrated in their attempts to communicate with, or be excommunicated from,
>the site.
>
>Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I thought "moms" were supposed to be loving and
>supportive. Only a "mom" who delights in deprecating others would fall so
low
>as to speak to anyone in such a demeaning manner.
>
>I believe any further communication between the "Listmom" and "Listees"
>should be polite, professional, and conciliatory. What is the advantage of
>rudeness or sarcasm?
>
>These remarks to "Bob," and previous remarks to others, were uncalled for,
ext
>remely unprofessional, and not funny........especially to the recipients,
I'm