Need Help on Cookie Jar Lid

ELIZABETH VAUGHN revaughn@webtv.net
Fri, 19 May 2000 07:52:28 -0400 (EDT)

Jeanette,
That is truly a shame.  I bought a piece of RRP for my husband and
didn't even open the priority mail box.  It rattled so I knew it was
broken.  The woman offered at once to refund the money when I told her I
was returning it.  If she does send the money, I plan to leave her
positive feedback for doing so.
We have mailed one piece that got broken, refunded the money, filed for
the insurance, and were reimbursed by the post office.  In this case our
packing was good, but the box wasn't strong enough.
Pottery should have lots of bubble wrap.  I usually also wrap in
newspaper and use lots of the packing peanuts.  A heavy box is best and
the priority mail boxes from the post office are free in the U.S.  Many
suggest double-boxing, which I have done for something extremely
fragile.
Elizabeth