[Mccoypottery-talk] Backwards Y in McCoy/Retirement Mug

Mark Clark mark3@tcac.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:20:49 -0500

Chiquita:

Did you ever find the newsletter about the McCoy piece with the backwards "y"?  I found the exact same piece yesterday and McCoy is spelled correctly on it.  I bought it for comparison sake.  Let me know if you need me to describe the piece again.

Also, for anyone:  I have found the Nelson and Billie McCoy's Retirement coffee mug shown on page 316 of Hanson/Nissen/Hanson Vol. I book.  I don't know where but I read that there are only 400-500 of these made and given at the retirement party.  I want to purchase this but want to know if anyone has ever heard of this piece being reproduced before I spend the money.  The picture on the front side of Nelson/Billie McCoy is slightly angled (which it kind of looks this way in the book also).  Does anyone think of this piece as highly valuable?  The dealer is wanting $125.

Thanks so much!!!

Kelly (never enough McCoys)