[Mccoypottery-talk] Backwards Y in McCoy/Retirement Mug

jeffrey smith jsmith@nxs.net
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:18:36 -0400

I bought a lady planter. She is cream color and green trim.  The planter is
the basket she is holding.
The number on the bottom is #954 and she has usa on the bottom.  Can anyone
tell me if she is mccoy?
I wasnt able to find her in my book, and the value.
thaks
Regena Smith
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Clark" <mark3@tcac.com>
To: <mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 11:20 AM
Subject: [Mccoypottery-talk] Backwards Y in McCoy/Retirement Mug

> Chiquita:
>
> Did you ever find the newsletter about the McCoy piece with the backwards
"y"?  I found the exact same piece yesterday and McCoy is spelled correctly
on it.  I bought it for comparison sake.  Let me know if you need me to
describe the piece again.

> Also, for anyone:  I have found the Nelson and Billie McCoy's Retirement
coffee mug shown on page 316 of Hanson/Nissen/Hanson Vol. I book.  I don't
know where but I read that there are only 400-500 of these made and given at
the retirement party.  I want to purchase this but want to know if anyone
has ever heard of this piece being reproduced before I spend the money.  The
picture on the front side of Nelson/Billie McCoy is slightly angled (which
it kind of looks this way in the book also).  Does anyone think of this
piece as highly valuable?  The dealer is wanting $125.