[Mccoypottery-talk] visit

Antiqueja@aol.com Antiqueja@aol.com
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 21:51:46 EST

Hi,
I recently purchased an ashtray. I thought it was McCoy because I remembered
the saying: "there's one in every bar" and shows the rear view of a
bartender, a customer and a horse. When I checked my books, I saw that the
McCoy was a later made ashtray. Mine is brown gloss with cold painted letters
and the figures are molded not a transfer. The indented cigarette holders
have a flat gold paint. Anyone have any idea who made this ashtray? It
appears to be circa 1950.
Jackie