[Mccoypottery-talk] McCoy Pottery

VSMITHW@aol.com VSMITHW@aol.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 20:56:56 EST

In a message dated 2/11/01 7:50:36 PM Central Standard Time, McQuita@aol.com
writes:

<< but I think the date was around the late seventies or early
 eighties...I see them priced around here between 45.00 and 50.00....without
 the ladle. I think  the ladle should be worth l0.00-l2.00 on it's own.  This
 line is highly collectible now....hope this helps.  >>
Chiquita,

You are always so knowledgable it amazes me!  The only thing that I have to
add is that I bought my soup tureen, along with the set of four mixing bowls,
at a Ben Franklin store in the summer of 1973 as I prepared to go off to my
first apartment...think it cost me $8.00 all together (and yes...I got the
ladle too!)  Even though I've been collecting McCoy for a good long time now,
I just have never considered these pieces part of my collection - I use them
all the time - and that large bowl is really a huge thing - storage has been
a problem for all of these 30 some years.

Vicki