[Mccoypottery-talk] No good to lurk

Jeanette H. Windhorst bomber@zoomnet.net
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 18:03:37 -0500

Hi, everyone!

Regarding the Smiley faces...my daughter collects them, so I'm always on the lookout. Last year at Christina's?? (drat, I can't remember the name right now, but it's the place where I pick up my annual McCoy reunion collectible)...I saw 3 smiley face tumblers...they were pricey...around $75.00 a piece. Some guy named Brian (from the area, too) I think came in to get something out of his booth, and they belonged to him. He said very few were made by McCoy, but that they were McCoy. Being cautious in putting out that kind of money, I didn't purchase one, and have regretted it since. I've been taken by some dealers on Ebay and want to be sure before I buy one. Does anyone have info on these in case I should come across them again?

Thanks,
Jeanette