[Mccoypottery-talk] CJ books and cleaning tips

Brenda Jo Cox bjc@texas.net
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:36:56 -0500

I located a Harold Nichols book in New York in good condition for
$60.00.  So I purchased it.  I also went to get the Sandford's book at
B&N bookstore.  It had a production date of  1997.  Is that the most
current date?  I thought on the web site it showed that the Sandford's
book was just published.  I wanted to get it at the bookstore so I would
have it quicker than ordering it from the web.

Also does anyone have suggestions on how to clean the cookie jars.  Some
of them are dirty and have tape goo and sticky gunk on them.  Is there a
different way to clean the cjs that are "cold painted" where you can
feel the paint outside the glaze vs the ones where the paint is inside
the glaze?  I don't want to wash or rub the paint off.  Thanks for any
tips. BJ