[Mccoypottery-talk] Books...

Becca Becka2000@webtv.net
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 07:37:48 -0500 (CDT)

Karen:

I know your concerns about repro's but sometimes you just have to take
the chance.  I, however choose to take that chance at a much lesser
cost.  A couple of weeks ago I found a pot bellied stove cookie jar at a
tag sale for $1.50.  It was clearly marked McCoy and is in perfect
condition.  I couldn't believe my luck.  So, even if it were a repro
(which I am certain it is not) I wouldn't be out much money.

Got lucky at a tailgate sale yesterday and purchased a pretty wall
pocket for $8 and found out when I got home it was a McCoy.  My first
wall pocket and a pretty one at that.

I find most of my real bargains at garage, yard and tag sales.  Not to
mention thrift stores.  If it's up at auction, chances are you'll pay a
lot more.  Auctions can be great fun though.

Happy hunting.  You just never know where you are going to find that
special piece.  :-)

Becca