[Mccoypottery-talk] Irregular McCoy Mark

Mark Clark mark3@tcac.com
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 21:03:44 -0600

Hi - Has anyone ever seen the McCoy mark with the "y" backwards?  I have read in the McCoy books about the whole McCoy mark being in reverse but in this case it is only the "y".  I have a simple dark green planter marked "McCoy" only (no USA) and the "y" is backwards.  The mark is raised, not indented.  I have found this piece several times in white or green but the mark is always correct.  Does anyone have any knowledge about this?  Could I have a rare piece because of the mark?  One of my books says that there is only one known piece where McCoy is misspelled.  Start looking at your marks and let me know!!!!!

Thanks - Kelly (never enough McCoys)
(mark3@tcac.com)