[Mccoypottery-talk] RE: Intro and Question/Brush McCoy

BarbCrews barbc@thecookiejar.net
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:22:05 -0600

Here is an old article on my personal site about fakes .
http://thecookiejar.net/fakes.htm

It doesn't specifically cover McCoy, but several of the companies.

I probably need a follow-up article, but haven't had time to do one myself.

bc
At 08:56 AM 11/16/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Jennifer, the remakes and repros do have the crazing....but trust me,
>There is no legitimate pottery marked Brush-McCoy.  If someone has offered
>you that much money for a jar marked Brush -Mccoy, they don't know their
>cookie jars either. By the way, I didn't see a photo in your
>message....I'm not trying to come across unrealistic.  This subject really
>bothers me and I'd love to find a way to educated everyone about the
>repos--remakes, illegally marked pottery.  Chiquita

Barbara Crews
A Raggedy Ann in a Barbie Doll World!
Collectibles Guide on About
http://collectibles.about.com